Friday, February 1, 2008

Protests Against Deadly and Abusive Policies


On February first I will be calling the headquarters of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (Jehovah's Witnesses) to protest their policies, including institutionalised shunning, protecting pedophiles and a confusing blood ban that causes thousands of deaths. This is part of an informal campaign that designates the first day of each month as a day to protest their policies. If you would like to join in, you can find the phone numbers and contact information here:

http://www.jw-media.org/contact.htm
(I'm sorry, you'll have to copy and paste the url. I won't support that site by linking to it.)


I also heard that February 10 will be a day of protest against Scientologists. I haven't been personally affected by Scientology, but I plan on at least calling a local Scientology church to let them know of my disapproval of their disconnection policy (a form of ritualised shunning). Here is a link with more information.

No comments: