Friday, May 1, 2009

Another Apostate Blog


Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to fear apostates. They are instructed to throw away any literature that is critical of their religion and to shun dissidents. When I was growing up in that religion, the word acquired a certain frightening mystique. Prior to the Internet, apostates and apostate literature seemed to be in rather short supply. There weren't many real world examples to compare to the prejudiced ideas that were encouraged by the leadership.


There is a great irony in this. The ranks of Jehovah's Witnesses are overflowing with apostates. An apostate is simply someone who disagrees with or leaves a certain religious tradition. Apostasy is actively encouraged by their literature and door to door ministry. They want everyone who isn't a Jehovah's Witness to leave their religion and become an apostate! They promote challenging religious authority, as long as you don't challenge their authority.


There is another type of apostate that features prominently in their membership. Many Jehovah's Witnesses disagree with at least some of the official Watchtower teachings. These are apostates and can be expelled and shunned if they are found out. Some of these apostates want to leave, but don't want be shunned by family and friends. Others are still loyal to the Watchtower Society. They realise that Jehovah's Witnesses periodically "refine" their beliefs, so it only makes sense that some of their current teachings are incorrect. They may even feel a sense of satisfaction when they anticipate a change in doctrinal understanding. They probably don't think of themselves as apostates, but if they ever let anyone know about their doubts or differences of opinion, they could find themselves facing a judicial committee.


I was an apostate when I was a Jehovah's Witnesses. I just didn't realise it. I find it liberating to get acquainted with my inner apostate and to declare my apostasy to the world. Being an apostate can be a very good thing. We don't usually deserve the scorn that is placed on us. I view being an apostate of Jehovah's Witnesses as a kind of badge of honor.


Sorry for the long introduction, there's a point to all this. Even though "apostate" is usually meant as a derogatory term, more and more people are realising that it is nothing to be ashamed of. Maybe, it will become socially acceptable some day. In any case, I would like to introduce you to another blogger who doesn't seem to mind the apostate label. Please visit his blog I'm an Apostate of Jehovah's Witnesses-so WHAT?

13 comments:

DOSQueen said...

"They want everyone who isn't a Jehovah's Witness to leave their religion and become an apostate! They promote challenging religious authority, as long as you don't challenge their authority."

Now that is an incredibly insightful comment! I have always been suspicious of anyone who encourages me to question authority - unless they are the authority. Good luck on your apostate journey!

groverdflorian said...

成人貼圖,成人影片,tt1069同志交友網,成人視訊,aio交友愛情館,情色視訊,情色視訊,色情遊戲,交友戀愛小站,jp成人,熊貓貼圖,成人圖片,美女遊戲,情色自拍,漫畫貼圖,成人電影,成人文學,視訊,情色論壇,聊天,免費視訊,666成人,玩美女人影音秀,尋夢園聊天聯盟,pc交友,4u成人,情色視訊聊天室,歐美免費影片,小高聊天室,0204貼圖區,成人漫畫,免費成人影片,聊天室ut,色情影片,成人貼圖站,69成人,6k聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,貼圖片區,女同志聊天室,

Frederick Thompson said...

I was a JW for 50 years and Elder and a Pioneer in my youth.

I am now a disfellowshipped Apostate. I really do not see myself as trying to trick JW's and destrot their faith.

I had hundreds of friends and most of my family were JW's. Many have secretly, through fear of reprisal, sought me out for conversation. A lot of presant Witnesses have major doubts about the Watchtower Organization. When I left, I was vocal. Most were shocked that "all of a sudden" i became an Apostate. Many thought I had a mental illness. Most thought I had committed adultery, as I divorced my wife and moved in with another woman.

In fact, I did not date any other women until after I was DF'd. I was DF'd for Apostacy but as they do not announce it, most of the time people assume it is a sexual offense.

At anyrate I too feel liberated.

I regret waiting so long, as my doubts started in 1976 when nothing happened in 1975.

LuigiThreet said...

線上成人成人短片成人圖片情色視訊ut18xut視訊美女18成人a片面費看av視訊聊天室ut爽翻天情趣用品本土av成人動畫成人圖片色情遊戲080聊天室成人圖片區

春天來嚕 said...

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.............................................

佳慧 said...

要保持更新呦,加油!!!期待你的新文章!!!........................................

育德 said...

Actions speak louder than words. ........................................

俊茹 said...

上床圖片av圖片免費色情圖台灣性網陰蒂淫妹貼圖色情激突成人論壇成人色情網激情成人聊天室情色影音鹹濕女生自慰影片淫慾自慰色情a片成人色情圖片網情人視訊網成人話題成人色情台灣成人淫蕩a圖片情色留言板女生奶頭情色成人全裸美女圖片情色寫真裸體照大奶子台灣色情成人網站一夜正妹美女裸體寫真g罩杯美女sex520情趣娃娃視訊打槍視訊辣妹uthome淫亂走光照av情色網女生高潮成人自拍火辣眉眉太太陰毛美女視訊聊天全裸入鏡火辣av三點全露

瑜吟 said...

每一粒厄運的種子,卻包孕著未來豐盛的果實..................................................

婉耿賢耿賢亞 said...

線上免費成人長片成人+qvod成人無碼片線上看免費成人漫免費成人文蒼井空免費影片下載蒼警空裸体女人裸體按摩辣妹18禁遊戲辣妹拍貼辣妹根辣妹做愛電影辣妹情色貼圖站舞碼臺灣圖貼臺灣情色榜維克斯論區維基百科臺灣 kiss 貼圖區臺灣一夜情臺灣巨乳臺灣本土貼圖臺灣自拍圖臺灣色情kiss臺灣色情片臺灣色情貼圖臺灣色情貼圖區臺灣色情影片臺灣美女寫真淫蕩學生妹ut美女聊天室成人電影成人文學

DeonKilgore220 said...

一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。...............................................................

God said...

Hi, I was a JW for a few years in my teens and am now sort of a free flowing mystic after having spent years in the east and "achieving" spiritual enlightenment. How do I apply for Apostasy. It sounds like fun or at least a good joke. Please feel free to check out my web site www.legallygod.com and my blog www.legallygod-blog.com

Much love to you and your playful glowing heart. Let it grow and love without borders in purity of inocence.


God

趙佳治 said...

量力而為,別勉強了,Cut your coat according to your cloth...................................................